Choosing the best 9mm pistol is a difficult decision, whether you prefer the Glock 19, Smith & Wesson M&P Shield, Taurus G2C, Sig 365 & 320, Walther PPQ, or a variety of other 9mm handguns. Best 9mm Pistol for 2021
I have a favorite, but not everyone looks for the same characteristics in a handgun.
The main factors that I consider are affordability, performance, and ease of use and maintenance. In the end, it is your personal experience that will elevate a pistol from the popular handguns category to the one you believe is the best pistol.
Here are the top handguns in my opinion. These models sell by the hundreds at Green Top on a monthly basis.
- 1 8 Best 9mm Pistols at a Glance:
- 1.1 Smith & Wesson Shield E-Z 9mm (with Thumb Safety; without Thumb Safety)
- 1.2 Glock G19 Gen5 Pistol 9mm
- 1.3 Sig Sauer P320 Compact 9mm
- 1.4 Walther Arms PPQ M2 9mm
- 1.5 Sig Sauer P365 XL Pistol 9mm
- 1.6 Springfield Hellcat Micro-Compact Pistol 9mm
- 1.7 Ruger Security-9 Pistol 9mm Luger
- 1.8 Taurus G2C 9mm
8 Best 9mm Pistols at a Glance:
- Smith & Wesson M&P Shield E-Z 9mm
- Glock 19
- Sig Sauer P320
- Walther PPQ M2 9mm
- Sig Sauer P365
- Springfield Hellcat Micro-Compact 9mm
- Ruger Security 9
- Taurus G2C
By far the easiest 9mm gun on the market to chamber a round in. The slide requires far less effort to pull back than any other model, making it ideal for anyone who struggles with hand strength. Best 9mm Pistol for 2021
The Shield EZ is the latest gun in the M&P 2.0 line of products, inspired by law enforcement but designed for personal protection. Smith & Wesson experts meticulously designed it to be easy to use and comfortable to shoot. With features like an 18-degree grip, a picatinny rail, and a loaded chamber indicator, this sidearm will give you the assurance you need when it counts.
- Durable, Corrosion Resistant Finish
- Stainless Steel Slide and Barrel with Armornite Finish
- 2 easy-to-load magazines
- Disassembles without pulling trigger
- Picatinny-style Rail
- Tactile Loaded Chamber Indicator
- Windage adjustable, White Dot Rear Sight
Glock is the most rigorously tested, tried, and true brand used by law enforcement around the world. The Glock 19 is large enough to hold, but small enough for concealed carry. There is also a wide range of aftermarket accessories for it, such as rail lights, lasers, and night sights. Best 9mm Pistol for 2021
The Glock G19 Gen5 Pistol is an excellent choice for home and personal defense, as well as recreational target shooting. The Glock 19 Gen5 offers dependable performance in an extremely versatile, compact handgun with easy-access control for both right- and left-handed shooters.
- Great for home and personal defense as well as recreational target shooting
- Small and light enough for everyday concealed carry
- Double semiautomatic action with a 15-round capacity
- Includes three 15-round magazines
- Comes with 2 interchangeable back straps
- Safe Action system prevents accidental discharge
- Reversible mag catch and ambidextrous slide stop lever allows for easy-access control
- Updated and modified barrel rifling and crown provides improved precision
The Sig Sauer P320 Compact’s light, crisp trigger and quick reset make it not only accurate but also enjoyable to shoot. The modular system also gives the owner the option of using the fire control mechanism in a full-size frame, even if it is designed for a different caliber. This feature allows the buyer to have a larger magazine capacity, a wider sight radius, and more ammunition options without having to buy multiple guns.
The Sig Sauer® P320 Compact has a unique modular design that allows the user to change calibers, sizes, and fit. Complete polymer grip modules in small, medium, and large sizes ensure a comfortable and optimal fit for the widest range of hand sizes.
Striker Safety, Disconnect Safety, 3-Point Take-Down Safety System, Takedown is Prohibited Without Magazine Removal, System Prohibits Takedown Without Slide Locked to the Rear, Rotation of Takedown Lever Allows Disassembly Without Tools or Trigger Manipulation are all standard features on the P320.
- Quick & Safe Take-Down w/ No Tools or Trigger Manipulation Required
- Double-Action Striker Fire Operating System
- Comes with 2 Magazines
This is most likely the most comfortable 9mm on the market. It’s a joy to shoot thanks to the incredibly comfortable grip.
Low-profile three-dot polymer combat sights, Tenifer coated slide and barrel, front and rear serrations, and an ambidextrous slide stop are among the features.
- Three safeties
- Ambidextrous magazine release button
- Ergonomic Walther grip
- Quick defense trigger
- Checkered trigger guard
- Mil-spec 1913 picatinny rail
This is a micro-9 that is large enough to fill the shooter’s hand while remaining small enough for comfortable concealed carry. The ability to use this pistol with optical sights is an added bonus!
The Sig Sauer P365 XL Pistol strikes the ideal balance between micro-compact concealment and full-size shootability.
The P365 XL has a 12+1 capacity in a micro-compact, highly concealable package while still maintaining the comfort and shootability of a full-size pistol.
The XL is the first P365 in the XSeries family, with an extended slide, 3.7″ barrel, and the brand new 365 XSeries grip module with extended beavertail and integrated magwell.
The new slide and grip module adds only about 1/2″ to the overall length and height of the micro-compact P365 while increasing capacity to 12+1 9mm rounds. It still has the crisp, clean trigger pull of the P365, but with the “X” signature flat profile trigger that breaks at 90 degrees. The signature XRay3 Day/Night sights are also standard, as is a rear sight plate assembly that allows direct mounting of the new SIG SAUER RomeoZero or RMSc reflex optics. Never before has so much versatility and capability been crammed into such a small package.
- Two 12-round steel magazines included
- Optic ready sights with X-RAY3 Day/Night Sights
- 5.6″ sight radius
Size does matter! This small 9mm pistol packs a lot of rounds into a small package, making it an excellent choice for concealed carry.
The Springfield HellcatTM Micro-Compact Pistol is the world’s highest capacity micro compact 9mm pistol and Springfield Armory’s next generation of defensive pistol. Its patented magazine, which has a class-leading capacity of 11+1, is the result of years of development and engineering, as well as intensive collaboration with top engineers, shooters, and self-defense experts. The Hellcat takes a novel approach to red dot sight integration in an EDC pistol.
- Adaptive Grip Texture™
- High-hand beavertail
- Undercut trigger guard
- Flat trigger body and nickel boron-coated trigger group
The Ruger Security-9, like the Glock 19, is large enough to wrap your hand around but small enough for concealed carry. The main selling point is that it costs less than $200 less than a Glock 19 Gen 5 and is manufactured in the United States by a company that stands behind its products. You can’t go wrong with this one if you want affordable dependability.
The Ruger Security-9 Pistol is small and compact, making it easy to conceal. The Security-9 is a mid-sized pistol that is designed to fit a variety of holsters and concealed carry options. The Secure Action used in the LCP II and Security-9 is derived from the hammer-fired LCP fire control system, which is reliable and proven. The LCP’s smooth trigger pull is combined with the short, crisp feel and positive reset of a single action in the Secure Action. When compared to many striker-fired pistols, the internal, Secure Action hammer provides strong ignition force while allowing for easier slide racking. Positive slide manipulation is made possible by front cocking serrations.
- Rugged construction with blued, through-hardened alloy steel slide and barrel
- High-performance, glass-filled nylon grip frame
- Precision machined, hard coated aluminum chassis with full-length guide rails
- Textured grip frame provides a secure and comfortable grip
- Dovetailed, high-visibility sight system
- Drift adjustable rear sight and fixed front sight
- Sights can be easily changed out for different color options (available separately)
- Safe, easy takedown with no special tools or trigger pull
- Includes two alloy steel magazines
This is a great size for everyday carry and has a magazine that holds 12 rounds. This gun is the best bang for your buck, with a price tag of less than $300.
The Taurus G2C Pistol is specifically designed for everyday carry and provides the ideal balance of comfort and confidence in any situation.
- User-friendly magazine makes the Taurus easy to handle
- Lightweight polymer frame and thin profile
- Loaded chamber indicator, manual and trigger safety
- Textured grip and melted edges for added comfort and easy concealment
- Accessory rail included